Apart from the main area dedicated to the permanent exposition, the singular MUJA building provides a series of spaces that complete the offer regarding culture and services of the Museum.
- Temporary expositions*. The temporary exposition hall is found in the basement floor of the MUJA, having an area of 300 square metres and allowing for different assembly possibilities. The hall has had the following expositions since the Museum opened: The Coast of Dinosaurs, Trapped in Ice, Jurassic Colossus, Dinorobots at the MUJA, Dinosaurs: eggs and infants, When the Earth trembles: volcanoes and earthquakes.
- Auditorium*. The MUJA Auditorium is located on the ground floor, housing all the activities that are supplementary to the expositions of the Museum, which may include book presentations, conferences, seminars and press conferences, among others. This hall is in the shape of an amphitheatre, offering 95 seats and provided with technical means (light beam, screen, DVD and a laptop computer), PA system and a rack for the media.
- Special Activity Hall*. Likewise, the MUJA has a small hall for holding meetings or training courses and for which it may be hired. Having a maximum capacity for 20 persons, it is provided with a blackboard, an overhead projector, a slide projector, a light beam, a laptop and 20 tablet arm chairs.
- Rest area. The trip around the expositions of the Museum truly deserves a rest. For this, visitors have a hall where they can take a break reading some of our publications or browsing tourist information on the region. This area is temporarily unavailable.
- Workshop Hall. Children and youngsters are very special in the Jurassic Museum of Asturias and we are constantly designing activities and games for them, as we believe a Museum is also a place to have fun. We provide a different approach to the MUJA and to the interpretation of Palaeontology thanks to our didactic workshops. This proposal is aimed at kindergarten, primary and secondary children and youngsters who, accompanied by their teachers or families, wish to enjoy a day in a different way, learning and having fun. Training the youngest is the best way to transmit our interest in protecting the fossil remains and life forms of the past.
-The MUJA Shop. After the visit to the Museum, a visit to the MUJA Shop becomes compulsory. You can find a great variety of products with our brand, such as T-shirts, posters, postcards, handcrafted objects or school supplies. The shop also sells didactic games, jewels, dinosaur replicas and has a wide bookshop section specialised in dinosaurs, geology and Asturian themes.
-Electric vehicle charging point.
*There is the possibility of hiring this space to hold or organise events of different types, check on rates and availability.